Fairfield’s Old Academy was a school founded in 1802 by a group of prominent local citizens. The schoolhouse itself was erected on the Old Post Road in Fairfield and opened in 1804.
Old Fairfield Academy
In 1920, the Old Academy was faced with demolition. The Eunice Dennie Burr Chapter and the Fairfield Historical Society joined together to save and restore the building. The building was moved to the town green in 1958.